Thursday 3 March 2011

"It´s pretty weird, now I´m in Norway"

A little piece of Norway through the american exchange student Ben and his adventures at the University of Oslo, is presented to you trough this reportage (in english). I really like this reportage. (PS: I used to work for Oslo Student TV -the creators, myself befor I went to Germany) 




This is a little taste of what it’s like to be a part of the Norwegian society -foreign or not. I especially like how Ben brakes down all the stereotypes about Norway/Norwegians, at the same time as I realize that his view made me understand that people have them and that its also hard to explain -as Ben says, why. People tend to just have this unrealistic fairy tale picture about us, the Norwegians, and to be honest, I should not blame them... However, it is good to acknowledge that some has discovered that not all fairy tales represent the whole truth. 


Watch more reportages from Oslo Student TV here:
http://ostv.studentersamfundet.no/2011/02/23/norway-as-much-as-humanly-possible/

No comments:

Post a Comment