Monday 22 November 2010

HUG A NORWEGIAN DAY!

Today is the day "Hug a norwegian day!"  At least Facebook says that... :) See here:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#%21/event.php?eid=184428692658

I have no idea how long this has been going on, (cause I have never heard of it before) if it is on November 22 th. every year, or if there also exists days for other nations.  I wasn´t able to find any other facts about the day in Wikipedia... but I did find something else there! About the Free Hugs Campain that was famous in 2006 after an australian man started giving out hugs to random people as an act of love.

SO, show the act of love for the norwegians today, and spare a hug for me!  :)

(and tomorro, and the day after that, and the next day after that, and through the week and finaly; through the whole year!)


This is me and my best friend Lis at the norwegian National day, the 17. of May, earlier this year
Little beats getting a hug (like this) from her! 

2 comments:

  1. I got a hug at last! Von meine iranische Mitbewohner! But even if thats the only one I got today, I get some hugging on many other days. So I am not in lack of hugs, glücklicherweise! :D Why do we need one day for this anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It´s sad to think that people have to make up "hug a ..."-days to have an excuse to hug others.

    Hugging has many health benefits (http://eqi.org/ht.htm).

    But most importantly it just feels good. Both for the hugger and the huggee.

    *Hug*

    ReplyDelete